Friday 29 June 2018

Corner Hinges, Glasgow School of Art and a sad tale.

I was over the moon when I got a commission to make corner hinges, to be fitted onto new windows at the Glasgow School of Art.
Three reasons, it was a nice job to do, I would have gone up to visit site when completed and the fact that I am an admirer of what Charles Rennie Mackintosh gave to us.
Anyone who has seen our logo, may not have realised that that design of it, is Mackintosh inspired, so now you can see the connection and what I was so excited about in doing the job.

We were literally days away from getting them finished, ready to assemble and this happened!

 These parts you can see, we destined to be fitted onto new frames, ready to be fitted into the openings.


 Such a sad loss to the world and the people of Glasgow and Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment