Thursday 12 May 2016

Cavendish Hardware - The History.

My experience of  being involved in the repairs and maintenance of Steel and Aluminium windows, helps me picture what the repair engineers are seeing and trying to achieve.

Covering a large area in the East Midlands, meant that we came across all sorts of projects, that allowed us to gain new experience.

For the next few posts, I shall be putting quite a few images of the sort of work that I was involved in.
This is to illustrate that when you are on site, staring at a problem or trying to locate an unusual part, you can get an idea of the sort of things I have seen and worked on, over the years.

At Cavendish, our advise is largely based on actual experience on site and therefore this gives us a much better understanding of what you are trying to achieve.

This is a sort of before and after - Steel frames into stone mullions, at Youlgreave Hall Farm.

I can't remember the date exectly but I think the install was about 25 years ago, in a beautiful part of Derbyshire.



This is what it looks like now.


Another steel window into stone mullions job.


Art Deco frames.


Steel Window full overhaul.


School Steel Window - full overhaul


Steel Doors with Georgian panes.


Uppingham School Constable Building.


As my heritage is in steel window frames, I thought this would be a good start and will show some of the more architecturally pleasant buildings I used to work on.

Back with more, next time.

Cavendish Story Part 3 

No comments:

Post a Comment